Autumnal Hair and Makeup - Products I love to use


Now that the weather is beginning to change, I thought my makeup and hair deserved a little mix up. Autumn is my favourite time of year; I love the crisp morning walks with the dog, the beautiful golden leaves all around and the excitement as Christmas draws closer.
Hair
A few years ago I had very long hair (past my bum) but after having my daughter I had a huge 12 inches cut off. Since having short hair, I never really knew what to do with it but I have recently been loving a loose wave to look like I've made an effort without looking OTT. TO achieve my 'perfect loose wave' I have been using my Jose Eber 32mm clip-less barrel curling wand . This wand was a gift from my partner when I had long hair and it is still perfect now with my shorter hair.
My hair is naturally quite wavy but at the same time quite lifeless - I tend to wash my hair in the evening then spray on a leave in conditioner and apply a heat protect oil to my ends and then leave to dry naturally. When I wake up in the morning my hair is dry but a little wild so I spray in a little dry shampoo (even if my hair isn't greasy, just to add some texture) then brush through and section up. I curl my hair in chunky sections so my curls are perfect. I alternate the direction the curls fall in, ensuring that curls around my face are facing away. One I've curled each layer, I spray with hair spray then run my fingers through the curls to loosen them a little. My hair is pretty crap at holding styles so the hair spray helps keep the wave in my hair all day long.
Makeup
Regardless of the season, I will always fake tan so I like my makeup to be quite warm toned yet seasonal. At the moment I am loving a warm brown smokey eye with smudged liner and a strong brow. I'm not huge on lip products but if I decide to wear someone on my lips it is either a matte nude lip or a rich red-brown lip, perfect for this season.
At the moment my go-to base has been a combination of three products; First off I moisturise my face using the Charlotte Tilbury magic cream - this time of year my skin is especially dry so I need a hydrating cream to stop my face getting dry and flaky. Second I apply the Ordinary high adherence primer which is absolutely fantastic for keeping my makeup in place all day long. Finally, my current foundation of choice is a product I have loved for many moons; the Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation - the perfect medium-full coverage foundation that adds coverage and luminosity without making me look fake and cakey.
For my brows I am using my old HG product; the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Dark brown and of course my Benefit gimme brow in 5. (if you'd like me to do an in-depth how I do my brows, please let me know.)
For contour I've been using my oldie KVD shade and light contour palette then bronzing up my face with my Nars Laguna bronzer (I've used this product for nearly 6 years now!). For blush I've been using a mixture of Baby Love by Too faced or my Becca Amaretto blush from my Jaclyn Hill LE split pan along with the Prosecco pop highlight in the same pan. My other go-to highlighting products are Becca Champagne pop and the Tarte highlighter in Enlighten.
For my eyes I've rediscovered the gorgeous Violet Voss Holy Grail palette. I've been using 'Thanks a latte' all over my lid as a matte base then I've been taking 'Bestie' into my creasing using a 217 fluffy brush. Then with the shade 'R U Kitten me' on the same brush I've been deepening up my crease to add a little more depth to the eye. Then on a Morphe 507 brush I've been taking the shades 'brownie points' and 'teddy bear' and adding some depth to the outer part of my crease and under my lash line to create a smoked out effect.
Then using my Rimmel brown liner, I've been adding in a fake cat eye and using the same 507 brush to make it a little messy. I then add lashing of mascara; Currently I've fallen back in love with my Tarte Lights camera lashes mascara and of course I use my beloved Tarte lash curler to add the illusion of thickness and volume - Essential If I'm not popping on fake lashes.
Finally I add highlight to my brow bone and inner corner and decide whether it is a lipstick day or not. I then spritz myself with a good quality setting spray; I absolutely adore the Gerard cosmetics peach slay spray - it is heaven in a bottle.
If I'm going out somewhere or I want my makeup to look extra nice I may decide to pop on a pair of lashes. If that is the case, my two go to styles are of course from the incredible Doll Beauty.
For a natural yet gorgeous every day lash I love the styles 'Gilly' and 'Stephanie' - I'm obsessed and I apply them using the Duo brush on lash adhesive in clear.
And here is the final look. I love how simple the look is yet I feel like I've made a conscious effort not to look like a hot-mess mom (like I do most of the time).
Since it's autumn, I've been trying to mix it up a bit with a berry-red lip and I have to say, I'm a big fan but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to wear it in public, what do you think? Ignore the silly snapchat filter, they're just so cute not to use!
And here is the final look. I love how simple the look is yet I feel like I've made a conscious effort not to look like a hot-mess mom (like I do most of the time).
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog post and I promise to start posting more regularly. Please make sure you follow me on instagram @dear_maisie and give me a like on facebook www.facebook.com/dearmaisie x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top